This individual will efficiently coordinate and schedule Service Technician’s time, while maintaining the invoicing of work orders in a timely manner. In conjunction with this, they will communicate with the customer in regards to quotes, job status and scheduling. They will also coordinate activities and work with other departments of the dealership to best serve the needs of the customer and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
- Seeks customer feedback proactively, anticipates problems and responds promptly.
- Responds and follows up to employee issues and concerns.
- Reviews all repair work orders for accuracy concerning parts, materials and labor, and approves the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Helps out in other divisions when needed.
- Works with the Service Manager or supervisor in all aspects of the service department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Service Manager (may fill the Service Manager's role in their absence).
- Assists the Service Manager in Quoting and Estimating upcoming jobs coming into the service department.
- Advises Service Manager of all customer complaints.
- Assists the team in the implementation of Contamination Control Guidelines.
- Meets with Service Manager on a regular basis to review department performance profitability and efficiencies.
- Exhibits technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Butler Machinery Company.
- Seeks and participates proactively in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participates in all company/location driven communication efforts, including customer events, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- Organizes, communicates, and delegates responsibilities and priorities to subordinates to ensure the successful operation of the department.
- Provides regular and timely feedback that recognizes employee performance, motivating employees and promoting self-development.
- Communicates with and coaches employees on assignments, providing technical expertise as needed.
- Selects, trains and develops employees consistent with department/division goals, providing coaching on career development.