The Construction Technology Support Specialist has the option to be based out of the Rapid City, Sioux Falls, or Aberdeen location.
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Represents Butler when promoting the functionality and efficiency of machine control hardware and software technology products as they are sold to BMC’s contractors.
- Coordinates and presents technology equipment to the customer via coordinated machine and equipment demonstrations.
- Provides after sales support to customers on the operation of machine control systems.
- Resolves customer problems in a timely manner (via telephone calls, job site visits, office calls, etc.).
- Works with Butler sales team to educate them on features of machine technology.
- Communicates with manufacturers regarding common failure causes and information related to product life.
- Provides Customer Classroom Training regarding Machine Control Technology and software.
- Networks with technical colleges and state agencies to actively promote GPS products at the point(s) of exposure.
- Maintains and tracks all equipment/components for the region.
- Works with area civil engineers to obtain CAD files for construction projects.
- Identifies and promotes new technologies that benefit BMC customers.
- Works closely with heavy equipment sales team to identify sales opportunities.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.